Report of the World Energy Outlook 2014

By   December 18, 2014

Green TechnologyFor a positive environmental efforts 

This annual report projects an environmental action plan focused on green technology. An estimate of energy policies until 2040 that analyzes the major energy developments in current or future, and the challenges and limitations of the fight climate change. Besides nuclear energy trends must be replaced by renewable energy. Green technology will be carried out globally. A global vision, called “New Policies”, which takes into account the commitments to reduce greenhouse gases, particularly following the Cancun agreements of 2010. A global ecological approach that describes the evolution of world markets of energy considering the environment. Allowing consequently reduce emissions of greenhouse gases to limit global warming to 2 ° C. Retaining certain technological and macroeconomic assumptions, such as the price of oil to an appreciation of $ 132 a barrel in 2040, the WEO 2014 provides several analytic series on the future of the global energy system. In order the limit, the organization believes that 1600 billion per year should be invested in green technology, against 900 billion for nuclear. The subsidies for renewable energy accounted for $ 550 billion for 2013. This figure shows a considerable ecological effort to preserve the ozone layer

Replace petroleum with green technology

Until the Industrial Revolution, we can say that the global energy consumption was low, stable and based on all renewable energy sources: wood, wind and water, especially through the windmills and different heat sources. The massive expansion of methods and changes in lifestyles and consumption of industrial production has disputed this fact. Today, all our daily actions will be based on the availability of cheap green technology, for which we will take good care of our planet. We are located in a world of concentration. Oil is unevenly distributed on the planet, 60% of reserves are in the same place in the Middle East. The remaining 40% are in a small handful of other nations. The oil market is in the hands of a small number of players, this is partially due to the scale of investment to do to get it, extract, transport, refine, distribute… This system monopoly is for the production of energy, which is finished with high power thermal energy, which is why we struggle to defeat us. Today, the main challenge for the global energy system is the ecosystem. Protecting the environment is to make sure the continual supply of green technology to replace the oil, gas and uranium.

The Kyoto Protocol

The Kyoto Protocol is an international agreement designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and which is besides the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change which participating countries meet once a year since 1995. Signed on 11 December 1997 at the 3rd Conference of Parties to the Convention (COP 3) in Kyoto, Japan and entered force on 16 February 2005 the ninetieth day after the date on which at least 55 Parties to the Convention, including Annex 1  which accounted in 1990 a total of at least 55% of CO2 emissions from this group, had deposited their instruments of ratification, acceptance, approval or accession. “1 “On 14 January 2009, 184 States had deposited their instruments of ratification, accession, approval or acceptance.” This protocol was intended to reduce reduce, among 2008 and 2012, at least 5% from the 1990 level emissions of six greenhouse gases: carbon dioxide, methane, nitrous oxide and three substitutes for chlorofluorocarbons. Due to the direct connection with energy policy, scientific data on global warming and emissions of greenhouse gases (especially CO2) have been controversial. To establish the debates on a strong and independent scientific basis, the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) was established in 1988 by the World Meteorological Organization and the United Nations Environment Program.